    Is there any way to maintain variables between aspx and asp files other than
    query strings? Is there a cookie trick that could maybe hold a user's access
    level variable?
    scott, May 13, 2005

  2. there are some tricks..

    I cant find the article right now but one guy would set session variables in
    ..NET then redirect to an asp and set the same variables.

    or vice versa

    and he somehow had some security in there to keep people from setting
    variables whenthey were not supposed to

    I think I saw a forum post about it on www.powerasp.com a while back

    sounds aweful but sometimes ya got to do what ya gotta do when your slowly
    migrating to the new stuff

    he said it worked great and he had a pretty busy site from what I rememeber

    there is also some product out there you install on the server...

    Kyle Peterson, May 13, 2005

  3. scott

    scott Guest

    Can you give me any ideas of search terms that may help me find that product
    you mentioned or any articles that may exist?

    i'd really like to break into .net, but have much invested in current asp.

    scott, May 13, 2005
  4. Kyle Peterson wrote:
    > there are some tricks..
    > I cant find the article right now but one guy would set session variables in
    > .NET then redirect to an asp and set the same variables.
    > or vice versa
    > and he somehow had some security in there to keep people from setting
    > variables when they were not supposed to
    > I think I saw a forum post about it on www.powerasp.com a while back
    > sounds aweful but sometimes ya got to do what ya gotta do when your slowly
    > migrating to the new stuff
    > he said it worked great and he had a pretty busy site from what I rememeber

    Sounds a littl like
    "Sharing Cookies Across Domains"
    By Wayne Berry
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/971108.htm

    But perhaps the articles about "Multiple Session Cookie(MSC)"
    by Edmond Wychowsky's may be more relevant:
    http://builder.com.com/5100-6373-1048791.html
    and the preceding article
    http://builder.com.com/article.jhtml?id=u00220020619woy01.htm
    Michael D. Kersey, May 14, 2005