    reboot my computer. Does this mean that i need to put my
    dll in a com+ object? Is there an easier way to solve this
    problem?
    ana, Jun 27, 2003

  2. What kind of DLL are you referring to? What do you mean by "stop .net?"

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    Internet Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Big things are made up of
    lots of Little things.

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 30, 2003

  3. ana

    jeff Guest

    that is the nature of .dll's. when an api is called within a .dll, the .dll
    is loaded into memory and it is treated is if it is part of the program that
    is calling it. this also is shown that if the .dll crashes, your .exe
    calling it will also crash.

    that isn't to say you couldn't load it into a separate thread and when the
    thread disappears, maybe the api in memory also disappears. i am really not
    sure though, haven't tried it.

    jeff

    jeff, Jun 30, 2003