.NET and php integration

mikieg_99

Hi,
One of our clients has a PHP site, running on Apache on redhat.

We'd like to integrate asp.net web forms, hosted on another server, into
the php site.

Obviously it's possible with pop-ups.

Is there a way to integrate the asp.net forms directly into the php
pages?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Is it possible? Sure. Practical? Depends.

You cannot just magically blend the code. This leaves a variety of
possibilities.

1. Have the PHP post to your forms and then redirect back to a PHP thank you
page.
2. "Chrome" your site in the look of the PHP site (yes, the URL is
different, but what the hey). Most people go by visual clues, instead of
URLs.
3. For IE, you can set up Iframes
4. You can change your app to service and have PHP call it.

There is no way, however, to blend code from each site and have the engines
work together.

Now, you can place ASP.NET pages into a web that is PHP driven, provided it
is either on a) an IIS server or b) a server with DotGnu or Mono (Linux
implementations of .NET). The only issue is when you start dealing with
session variables, as PHP and ASP.NET do not natively share.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!