.NET and Python Integration Problem and PDF Library (Need Help andSuggestions)

Ravi Kumar

Hi.
First I am explaining the Problem so it would not get messed up. :)

============== PROBLEM ================
I have to integrate a small part in .NET Projects. .NET project is
actually all Web-based application, user interface is Web-page for
multiple actions.
But a backend component of project needs PDF File manipulation.
Manipuation is limited to splitting pages, removing certain pages,
joining pages, finding certain text information (Title/Author/No. of
Pages/Orientation of each page etc), and page orientation maipulation
(rotating pages clockwise and anticlockwise, on degree parameter,
left/right/flip etc).
..NET guys are failing here, so I proposed to do that component in Python.
But problem is, how to integrate Python in .NET Web Application. I am
looking on IRONPYTHON, and thats the only point seemed to me. Also, as
I am not an expert in Python, I have transition from Perl and PHP to
python. So right now, my applciation architecture would little bit be
inexperienced and not enterprise ready. But every component in project
is being worked on Enterprise grade.
Now,
I want to integrate Python implementation for PDF works, and that
would be called from .NET (C#) processes supplying required
parameters. Since the whole application would be implemented on MS
Windows Server, so I am bit lacking the freedom of library usage as in
Linux.

Also looking for best PDF library which doesn't have any or many
dependencies and that dependencies can be successfully installed. I
will also need an XML Library to write down the logs and
instructions+information for next component which handles Printing.

Therefore, I am seeking all the precious (even small or one-liner)
advices from you. Please suggest me every possible things that come in
your mind. Things on high priorities right now are:

Luap777

[...]

This isn't a "python" reply, but for .NET PDF manipulation, you might
look at http://www.pdfbox.org/userguide/dot_net.html