.NET application switching users (user A is shown user B profile)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Qmhhc2thcg==?=, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. I have a serious problem in .NET currently. I am hoping somebody out there
    can help me.

    I have a ASP.NET application written in VB.NET and requires the user to log
    in. I authenticate user using LDAP, so if the user id is active in our
    company NT network he/she can log in with her/his user id/password.

    Now first John Smith logs in, using the application, then there is a welcome
    header that says 'Welcome John Smith'. Then Jane Jones logs in with her user
    id/password, but she sees the welcome header as 'Welcome John Smith' !!! So,
    here John smith's session is shared by Jane which is neither expected nor
    wanted.

    I wonder if it is proxy server doing this mischief.

    How do I avoid this, please please help.

    Thank you,
    Bhaskar

    --
    Bhaskar

    "...fear is the path to the darkside, fear leads to anger, anger leads to
    hate, hate leads to suffering..."
    -- Master Yoda, Jedi Master
    =?Utf-8?B?Qmhhc2thcg==?=, Dec 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qmhhc2thcg==?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    a coding error on your part. you are storing login info in a vb module, or a
    shared (static) variable. these are shared acoss all page instances, you its
    always the last value set.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Dec 10, 2005