.NET, ASP, SMS RAD Framework, Client/Server

we are evaluating CRM packages and are looking for information on the
differences/simliarities, pros and cons of these architectures used by
various CRM Vendors.

We have been searching for more information online and have not really found
any comparisons.

Client Server
..NET
ASP
SMS RAD Framework

If we understand correctly, any architecture that uses DCOM is client/server
and .NET = web services.

How does ASP and the SMS RAD Framework fit into all this?

Any insight, web links, etc are appreciated.

Bruce Barker

you are focusing on the wrong issues. when you buy a package you should
evaluate:

1) functionality - how well does it do what you want?
2) quality - what is the reliability, vendor response time.
3) scalability - will you out grow it?
4) vendor stability - will the vendor stay in business? are they capitalized
enough to improve the product?
5) cost - initial and maintenancce.

looking at the architecture is interesting and may give some insight. but,
i'd only compare architectures if the vendors are even on all other issues.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

thanks bruce, we are focusing on those items but have heard of companies
complaining that client/server is too slow or in their mind a thing of the
past, that they are only considering true web clients, asp clients.

..net architecture appears to be the focus right now for most products,
either having just released a .net product or releasing rather shortly.

We'd like to know where the RAD framework fits in.