.NET beginners help site and code check

D. Shane Fowlkes

First of all, can anyone recommended a good URL for ASP.NET related issues.
I reallt like www.aspfaq.com but that's mainly for traditional ASP. I'm
starting to explore .NET..which leads me to my real question.

I installed .NET Framework 1.1 and make a quick and dirty test page called
random.aspx . Can anyone tell me why this page doesn't write the value of
"X" to the page AND why I can view the <% %> source code in the browser?
Thanks

<% @Page Language = "VB" Debug = "True" Explicit = "True" %>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
Random Single Number Test: <strong>(
<%
Dim X As Single

Randomize
X = Rnd
Response.Write X
%>)</strong>

--

*********************************
D. Shane Fowlkes

Bob Barrows

D. Shane Fowlkes said:
First of all, can anyone recommended a good URL for ASP.NET related
issues. I reallt like www.aspfaq.com but that's mainly for
traditional ASP. I'm starting to explore .NET..which leads me to my
real question.

Have you tried Google?
I installed .NET Framework 1.1 and make a quick and dirty test page
called random.aspx . Can anyone tell me why this page doesn't write
the value of "X" to the page AND why I can view the <% %> source code
in the browser? Thanks
This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

HTH,
Bob Barrows

CJM

D. Shane Fowlkes said:
First of all, can anyone recommended a good URL for ASP.NET related issues.
I reallt like www.aspfaq.com but that's mainly for traditional ASP.

er... www.asp.net?

Actually there are loads of sites that cover both. Many of the ASP resource
sites, now cover ASP.NET as well.

However, this is a ASP newsgroup, so you might have better luck at
m.p.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Chris