    that says the site is definitly on a blacklist or do I need to
    search the {'txt'} key for 'v=spf1 -all' and 'spam'?

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    In article <47e014b1$0$48228$>, J. Gleixner wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >> I'm working on a program to help with my site's mail filtering. I'm
    >> using Net::Blacklist::Client and the module for the most part works.

    >> Is there a return code passed back from $res->search($peeraddr)

    > You need to first tell us what is '$res'.
    >
    >> that says the site is definitly on a blacklist or do I need to
    >> search the {'txt'} key for 'v=spf1 -all' and 'spam'?

    $ perldoc Net::Blacklist::Client
    Net::Blacklist::ClientUser Contributed Perl DocumentaNet::Blacklist::Client(3)

    NAME
    Net::Blacklist::Client - Queries multiple RBLs or URIBLs in parallel.

    SYNOPSIS
    use Net::Blacklist::Client;
    my $rbl = Net::Blacklist::Client->new;
    my $result = $rbl->lookup_ip('127.0.0.2');
    foreach my $list (keys %$result){
    printf "%s: %s (%s)\n", $list, $result->{$list}->{a}, $result->{$list}->{txt};
    }

    DESCRIPTION
    This module is used to discover what RBL's are listing a particular IP address. It parallelizes requests for fast
    response.

    This module is heavily based on Net::RBLClient by Asher Blum. It adds an updated list of RBLs and removes many dead ones,
    the ability to look up domains in domain-specific RBLs, and changes the output format. Although it is very similar and
    does the same job, due to the changes in the output formats, it is not suitable as a drop-in replacement.

    An RBL, or Realtime Blackhole List, is a list of IP addresses meeting some criteria such as involvement in Unsolicited
    Bulk Email. Each RBL has its own criteria for addition and removal of addresses. If you want to block email or other
    traffic to/from your network based on one or more RBLs, you should carefully study the behavior of those RBLs before and
    during such blocking.

    $res -> $result

    Mike, Mar 18, 2008

  3. Mike