Net::Blacklist::Client use?

Mike

I'm working on a program to help with my site's mail filtering. I'm
using Net::Blacklist::Client and the module for the most part works.
Is there a return code passed back from $res->search($peeraddr)
that says the site is definitly on a blacklist or do I need to
search the {'txt'} key for 'v=spf1 -all' and 'spam'?

Mike

Mike

You need to first tell us what is '$res'.

$ perldoc Net::Blacklist::Client
Net::Blacklist::ClientUser Contributed Perl DocumentaNet::Blacklist::Client(3)

NAME
Net::Blacklist::Client - Queries multiple RBLs or URIBLs in parallel.

SYNOPSIS
use Net::Blacklist::Client;
my $rbl = Net::Blacklist::Client->new;
my $result = $rbl->lookup_ip('127.0.0.2');
foreach my $list (keys %$result){
printf "%s: %s (%s)\n", $list, $result->{$list}->{a}, $result->{$list}->{txt};
}

DESCRIPTION
This module is used to discover what RBL's are listing a particular IP address. It parallelizes requests for fast
response.

This module is heavily based on Net::RBLClient by Asher Blum. It adds an updated list of RBLs and removes many dead ones,
the ability to look up domains in domain-specific RBLs, and changes the output format. Although it is very similar and
does the same job, due to the changes in the output formats, it is not suitable as a drop-in replacement.

An RBL, or Realtime Blackhole List, is a list of IP addresses meeting some criteria such as involvement in Unsolicited
Bulk Email. Each RBL has its own criteria for addition and removal of addresses. If you want to block email or other
traffic to/from your network based on one or more RBLs, you should carefully study the behavior of those RBLs before and
during such blocking.

$res -> $result

J. Gleixner