.NET C# service error 1053, service could not start in timely fash

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?M2Ry?=, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. I am developing a service which I install and run on a number of servers. It
    works on most machines I have installed it on, but I always get a 1053,
    service will not start in a timely fashion message on one server.

    I have reduced the code to almost nothing so as to remove almost all the
    proper code.

    My main function looks like this

    static void Main()
    {
    System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase[] ServicesToRun;
    ServicesToRun = new System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase[] { new
    TigerPrintService() };
    System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.Run(ServicesToRun);
    }

    My OnStart() is blank at the moment.

    My TigerPrintService() constructor is currently empty also.

    I can install the service but when I go to the service manager to start it I
    get the 1053 error.

    And since my OnStart() method is now empty I am at a loss as to what might
    be causing this problem. As it seems to me it cannot be to do with
    permisions.

    By the way when I install the service I am currently doing so using the
    local system login.

    Many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be causing this
    problem.

    --
    Many thanks
    Derek

    =?Utf-8?B?M2Ry?=, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Hi,

    check this thread.

    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?h...Search&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.dotnet.*

    Thanks
    Raghavendra

    Raghavendra T V, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Hi Raghavendra,

    Any progress on this issue or have you resolved it? If you have any other
    problems, please feel free to post here or in the C# or other service
    related newsgroups. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support