.NET COm Interop in IE?

super todd

Im trying to package two dll files to be used as a web control.
Im using a C# class that is exposed through com interop that I
created in Visual studio 2005 to add some business functionality.
That depends on a third-party dll: MAPI33.dll http:/
www.mapi33.adexsolutions.com.I'm trying to package them to be embedded
in my webpage to be used with javascript like so:<Html>

<Script Language="javascript" defer="true">

var outlook = new ActiveXObject("Net.Em.Outlook");
//do something with object

</Script>
<Body>

<OBJECT id="test" CLASSID="CLSID:
81C599FB-9C61-4ae6-8866-22397D8D6FA4"
CODEBASE="emoutlook.cab#version=1,0,0,0">
</OBJECT>
</Body>

Here is the inf file I've created to install the dll's on the
client: [version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
AdvancedINF=2.0
[Add.Code]
emoutlook.dll=emoutlook.dll
MAPI33.dll=MAPI33.dll
[MAPI33.dll]
FileVersion=4,5,2709,24579
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
[emoutlook.dll]
FileVersion=1,0,0,0
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes I've packaged the dll's along with the inf
file in a cab using cabarc.exe cabarc N emoutlook.cab
emoutlook.inf emoutlook.dll MAPI33.dll I've adjusted all my IE
setttings to allow download and installation of an unsigned activex
object, like: download unsigned activex controls: Enable
initialize and script activex controls marked as unsafe: Enable
etc, etc... When I browse my page, IE prompts me to download and
install emoutlook.cab. Using fiddler I see that it does in fact
download the cab. I can go to Tools > Manage Add-ons and see the
entry for Net.em.Outlook, It's type is activex control, and I see that
it is enabled as well. One thing I find odd is that the file
associated with it is mscoree.dll, not either of the dlls in the
cab. I get the following javascript error: "automation server can't
create object"at the line: var outlook = new
ActiveXObject("Net.Em.Outlook");

bruce barker

because is not signed, nor marked safe for scripting, the browser will
not load it. change your browser security setting to fully trust your
web site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)