.NET Command Prompt Tool Question

michael.esposito

I need to install the Office XP PIA files on a server, and the
Microsoft instructions says it needs the .Net Command Prompt to run
them. I do not have Visual Studio installed on the server, nor do I
want to. Is there a way around this or a way to just install the
Command Prompt tool on the server?

Kevin Spencer

Okay, the first thing you need to do is identify the proper newsgroup for
this post. Then go there.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Craig Deelsnyder

I need to install the Office XP PIA files on a server, and the
Microsoft instructions says it needs the .Net Command Prompt to run
them. I do not have Visual Studio installed on the server, nor do I
want to. Is there a way around this or a way to just install the
Command Prompt tool on the server?

I believe you can get away with just the SDK installed; here's an example
I found talking about office components, installation, etc.

I assume you saw the article on MSDN as well.

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

if you install the SDK, or the .net runtime you can get the command prompt.
Theres a batch file called setenvvars.bat or something like that that needs
to be run to configure the paths for the command window.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP