    server. Plz. correct me if im wrong ?

    Best Regards
    , Oct 11, 2009

  2. Althaf Guest

    Re: .NET (Content Management) - Best way to push images from offlineto online

    On Oct 11, 3:23 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I'm a newbie to .NET, working on a CMS project. The .NET CMS
    > > application is hosted on a local server (Production server connected
    > > to an ADSL Network).

    > > I have created an interface for Resource gallery (for the images that
    > > will be inserted into the articles) and those images are stored
    > > locally. What is the best way to push the local images to the online
    > > server?

    > I'm not really sure what you're asking or what the problem is...
    >
    > If you want to move the image files from one machine to another, why not
    > just copy and paste them...?
    >
    > Are you saying that you don't have access to the online server...?
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Sorry you didn't get me right? What i meant is there is resource
    gallery .net application running locally (i.e lets say on your
    localhost, that's what i meant by production server) , the
    application will allow CMS editors to dynamically upload the images
    they require and those images are stored locally.

    Now what i need is to Push those images from time to time from LOCAL
    to online server (Like FTP but automated).
    Althaf, Oct 11, 2009

  3. Re: .NET (Content Management) - Best way to push images from offlineto online

    I would make a shared drive on the production web server and make it a
    virtual directory on the web server. Then mount the web server's
    shared drive to seem like a drive on your machine (i.e., give it a
    drive letter). Then write a C# program that copies the files to that
    drive letter.

    harborsparrow, Oct 12, 2009
  4. Re: .NET (Content Management) - Best way to push images from offlineto online

    On Oct 12, 6:34 pm, harborsparrow <> wrote:
    > I would make a shared drive on the production web server and make it a
    > virtual directory on the web server.  Then mount the web server's
    > shared drive to seem like a drive on your machine (i.e., give it a
    > drive letter).  Then write a C# program that copies the files to that
    > drive letter.

    This would work only when both stage and production servers are within
    the same network. Usually a web server is set up in a DMZ, because it
    is more secure than the server is inside the network. In this case the
    trick with shared drive may not work.

    Another problem I see is that it should work by clicking from ASP.net
    application
    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 12, 2009