.NET (Content Management) - Best way to push images from offline toonline

althafexcel

Hi guys,

I'm a new bie to .NET, working on a CMS project. The .NET CMS
application is hosted on a local server (Production server connected
to an ADSL Network).

I have created an interface for Resource gallery (for the Images that
will be inserted in to the articles) and those images are stored
locally. What is the best way to push the local images to the online
server. Plz. correct me if im wrong ?

Best Regards

Althaf

I'm not really sure what you're asking or what the problem is...

If you want to move the image files from one machine to another, why not
just copy and paste them...?

Are you saying that you don't have access to the online server...?

Sorry you didn't get me right? What i meant is there is resource
gallery .net application running locally (i.e lets say on your
localhost, that's what i meant by production server) , the
application will allow CMS editors to dynamically upload the images
they require and those images are stored locally.

Now what i need is to Push those images from time to time from LOCAL
to online server (Like FTP but automated).

harborsparrow

I would make a shared drive on the production web server and make it a
virtual directory on the web server. Then mount the web server's
shared drive to seem like a drive on your machine (i.e., give it a
drive letter). Then write a C# program that copies the files to that
drive letter.

Guest

I would make a shared drive on the production web server and make it a
virtual directory on the web server.  Then mount the web server's
shared drive to seem like a drive on your machine (i.e., give it a
drive letter).  Then write a C# program that copies the files to that
drive letter.

This would work only when both stage and production servers are within
the same network. Usually a web server is set up in a DMZ, because it
is more secure than the server is inside the network. In this case the
trick with shared drive may not work.

Another problem I see is that it should work by clicking from ASP.net
application