.NET custom project - uninstall fails forever

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sabin, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. Sabin

    Sabin Guest

    Hi there,

    I just built my first .NET setup project. I followed a sample demo with a
    simple .NET custom action project and it did work well.

    The problem arise after I overrided the Uninstall method. I put there a
    wrong code that interrupts the uninstall process. I tried to rebuild the
    setup project, removing the overriden method, but it still fails on
    uninstall. I remove the old dlls, but it seems to use the old cached code.

    I checked the custom action project, building another .NET setup project
    that use the same custom action, that I previously fixed it. It works well.
    I returned to the old project and I rebuild it with the fixed custom action,
    but its uninstall fails again with the same error message.

    How can I remove the bad installation ?

    TIA,
    Sabin

    Sabin, Jun 4, 2004