.Net Deployment and Crystal Report Files

bthomas71chevy

I have just setup a WebServer and all the applications work fine, but
when every any of the applications try to generate a Crystal Report the
page errors out.

"File or assembly name CrystalKeyCodeLib, or one of its dependencies,
was not found."

I read that the 4 MSM files need to be moved to the a MERGE MODULES
folder in the Common Files folder, but didn't seem to do a thing.

1. Doesn't the 1.1 Framework (redist version) have all the crystal
deployment files included ???
2. I shouldn't have to install the Visual Studio Package on the web
server, should I ??? (that would be a load of BS!!!)
3. I shouldn't have to install a Crystal Package on this Web Server ,
should I ??? (that also would be a load of BS !!! )

I have surfed around the Crystal Solutions (decissions) site, have have
almost nothing that would or could help.

Can anyone here help or give a direction of checking ?!

Thanks
BTHOMAS71CHEVY

Norman Yuan

See comments inline.

I have just setup a WebServer and all the applications work fine, but
when every any of the applications try to generate a Crystal Report the
page errors out.

"File or assembly name CrystalKeyCodeLib, or one of its dependencies,
was not found."

I read that the 4 MSM files need to be moved to the a MERGE MODULES
folder in the Common Files folder, but didn't seem to do a thing.

1. Doesn't the 1.1 Framework (redist version) have all the crystal
deployment files included ???

No. .NET framework has nothing to do with CrystalReport. Crystal Report.NET
is add-in of VS.NET. If you use Crystal Report in your .NET app (Web or
Wndows app), you are responsible to deploy Crystal Report dependency files.
2. I shouldn't have to install the Visual Studio Package on the web
server, should I ??? (that would be a load of BS!!!)

You do not need to install VS.NET on computers where your app runs. You
should use VS.NET to create a setup project for your app. The setup project
then should include Crystal Report.NET merge modules. Many developers prefer
other setup packaging programs other than VS.NET setup project. It is your
choice.
3. I shouldn't have to install a Crystal Package on this Web Server ,
should I ??? (that also would be a load of BS !!! )

What Crystal Report Package? If you use Crystal Report.NET (not stand-alone
Crystal Report suite), you can learn more on how to deploy Crystal
Report.NET with your .NET app here:

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/crnet_serverfile_deployment.pdf