    Thanks for any help

    Steve

    , Oct 24, 2005

  2. Bruce Barker Guest

    asp.net has no knowledge of the webfarm. each server runs on its own and
    will only restart an application if it detects a file change in its
    monitored vdir.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 24, 2005

    We use a separate tool to replicate files to the respective directories
    on each server. I would assume that IIS on each server would discover
    this newer file regardless of how it got there. I checked permissions
    on the directory structure and they appear to be an order.

    Could this be a load balancing issue?

    , Oct 24, 2005
  4. Jason Kester Guest

    Is it always the same server that does this? If so, have you checked
    the system clock on that machine to make sure it's right?

    I can imagine a scenario where you'd drop a new dll, and 2003 would
    kindly preserve the timestamp on it, tricking the FileSystemWatcher
    into thinking it's not new.

    Jason Kester
    Expat Software Consulting Services
    http://www.expatsoftware.com/

    ---
    Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
    http://www.blogabond.com/

    Jason Kester, Oct 24, 2005