.NET & Foxpro OLEDB

Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a .net web application that needs to insert data into a free dbf table on a remote server. I have downloaded and installed the FOXPRO OLEDB Provider onto that remote server.

Here is my code:
Code:
        Dim objFoxProConn As OleDbConnection
        Dim FoxProConnString As String
        Dim sVfp As String

        FoxProConnString = "Provider=vfpoledb.1;Data Source=\\ITITPAFS02.ititpa.itic\pds\voicenet\system\;Collating Sequence=general;Exclusive=No;"
        objFoxProConn = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(FoxProConnString)
        objFoxProConn.Open()

        sVfp = "INSERT INTO agentusr(agentid, login, last, first, socsec, phone, address, city, state, zip,notes,otherid,disabled,verifier) "
        sVfp = sVfp & " VALUES(66200,'TEST','TEST','TEST','034554354','813-882-3023','123 Main street','Tampa','FL','34638','', '',.F.,.F.)"

        Dim oCmdTAMPA As New OleDbCommand(sVfp, objFoxProConn)
        oCmdTAMPA.ExecuteNonQuery()

This works on other remote servers I have tried, but on this server I am getting the following errors:

No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

[InvalidOperationException: The 'vfpoledb.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr) +83
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(OleDbConnectionString constr) +107
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
RepClock.AddAgent.cmdSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\RepClock\TimeTrackerDEV\AddAgent.aspx.vb:53
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

Can someone please help me out?
Thanks,
Ninel