.NET & Foxpro OLEDB

Reaction score
I have a .net web application that needs to insert data into a free dbf table on a remote server. I have downloaded and installed the FOXPRO OLEDB Provider onto that remote server.

Here is my code:
Code:
        Dim objFoxProConn As OleDbConnection
        Dim FoxProConnString As String
        Dim sVfp As String

FoxProConnString = "Provider=vfpoledb.1;Data Source=\\ITITPAFS02.ititpa.itic\pds\voicenet\system\;Collating Sequence=general;Exclusive=No;"
        objFoxProConn = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(FoxProConnString)
        objFoxProConn.Open()

sVfp = "INSERT INTO agentusr(agentid, login, last, first, socsec, phone, address, city, state, zip,notes,otherid,disabled,verifier) "
        sVfp = sVfp & " VALUES(66200,'TEST','TEST','TEST','034554354','813-882-3023','123 Main street','Tampa','FL','34638','', '',.F.,.F.)"

Dim oCmdTAMPA As New OleDbCommand(sVfp, objFoxProConn)
        oCmdTAMPA.ExecuteNonQuery()

This works on other remote servers I have tried, but on this server I am getting the following errors:

No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

[InvalidOperationException: The 'vfpoledb.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr) +83
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(OleDbConnectionString constr) +107
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
RepClock.AddAgent.cmdSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\RepClock\TimeTrackerDEV\AddAgent.aspx.vb:53
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Can someone please help me out?
Thanks,
Ninel

Ask a Question