.NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 in one machine - How to make the web pages work for these versions ???

bienwell

Hi all,

I have .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed in the same server. I had some
web pages developed in Visual Studio.NET 2003 and some inline code web pages
before (framework 1.1) . Now I start some web pages from Visual Studio.NET
2005 (framework 2.0). Can I set some virtual directories work for 1.1 and
some for 2.0 ? If so, please give me a hint. I don't want to convert the
old pages from 1.1 into 2.0.

Please advise. Thank you.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Can I set some virtual directories work for 1.1 and some for 2.0 ?

Sure you can.

Use the IIS Manager to set the .Net Framework version you want each application to target.

After you open the IIS Manager, right-click the application you want to
set it's default .Net Framework version to, and select "Properties";
then, select the ASP.NET tab.

Your'll see a dropdown which will let you select the .Net Framework version the app will target.

Guest

hello bienwell,
look at ASP.NET tag, on IIS, for each WebSite or Virtual Directory
hope it'll help

bienwell

Hi,

I've followed your instructions. When the pages in virtual directories 2.0
runs OK, the pages in directories 1.1 get this error :

"Server Application Unavailable" The web application you are attempting to
access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh"
button in your web browser to retry your request"

I did hit "Refresh" button and still received that error message.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
the pages in directories 1.1 get this error : "Server Application Unavailable"

You're running Windows Server 2003, so you must separate 1.1 apps
from 2.0 apps by placing them in different Application Pools.

Create a new Application Pool ( use the IIS Manager, expand your server's properties
in the left-hand pane, and highlight "Application Pools", then right-click "Application Pools"
and select "New", "Application Pool". Name it something like "1.1 Apps"

After the new App Pool has been created, go back to each 1.1 app on the right hand pane
and, right-clicking it's name, select "Properties", and select the "1.1 Apps" App Pool for them.

Make sure all your 1.1 Apps are configured to use the "1.1 Apps" App Pool.

After you've done that, and after you've made sure that all 2.0 apps
are running in the Default Applicatin Pool, open "Run", write in "iisreset"
( without the quotes ), and restart IIS services.

Once you do that, everything will work fine.