    some for 2.0 ? If so, please give me a hint. I don't want to convert the
    old pages from 1.1 into 2.0.

    Please advise. Thank you.

    bienwell, Oct 18, 2006

  2. re:
    > Can I set some virtual directories work for 1.1 and some for 2.0 ?

    Sure you can.

    Use the IIS Manager to set the .Net Framework version you want each application to target.

    After you open the IIS Manager, right-click the application you want to
    set it's default .Net Framework version to, and select "Properties";
    then, select the ASP.NET tab.

    Your'll see a dropdown which will let you select the .Net Framework version the app will target.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 18, 2006

  3. RE: .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 in one machine - How to make the web pa

    hello bienwell,
    look at ASP.NET tag, on IIS, for each WebSite or Virtual Directory
    hope it'll help

    =?Utf-8?B?T3Jlbg==?=, Oct 19, 2006
  4. bienwell

    bienwell Guest

    Hi,

    I've followed your instructions. When the pages in virtual directories 2.0
    runs OK, the pages in directories 1.1 get this error :

    "Server Application Unavailable" The web application you are attempting to
    access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh"
    button in your web browser to retry your request"

    I did hit "Refresh" button and still received that error message.

    Any ideas ? Thanks.

    bienwell, Oct 19, 2006
  5. re:
    > the pages in directories 1.1 get this error : "Server Application Unavailable"

    You're running Windows Server 2003, so you must separate 1.1 apps
    from 2.0 apps by placing them in different Application Pools.

    Create a new Application Pool ( use the IIS Manager, expand your server's properties
    in the left-hand pane, and highlight "Application Pools", then right-click "Application Pools"
    and select "New", "Application Pool". Name it something like "1.1 Apps"

    After the new App Pool has been created, go back to each 1.1 app on the right hand pane
    and, right-clicking it's name, select "Properties", and select the "1.1 Apps" App Pool for them.

    Make sure all your 1.1 Apps are configured to use the "1.1 Apps" App Pool.

    After you've done that, and after you've made sure that all 2.0 apps
    are running in the Default Applicatin Pool, open "Run", write in "iisreset"
    ( without the quotes ), and restart IIS services.

    Once you do that, everything will work fine.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 19, 2006