.NET framework 1.1 and Win2003 Server, Web Edition

Russ

I set up a web server machine using Windows 2003 server, Web Edition.
Every time I try to do anything with it I get an error message that
says that "the specified Wew server is not running ASP.NET version
1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET applications or services".

What is the cure for this? I have gone to the directory
%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
(D:\WINWEB03\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322), and run:

aspnet_regiis /i - and it completes ok, but does not solve the
problem. What am I missing?

One thing that occurrs is that the server operating system is
installed on drive D. I installed another operating system (win2K
pro) on drive C. Could it be that Visual Studio 'expects' to find the
wwwroot on drive C?

Thanks, Russ

Larry

Russ,

What versions of the .NET Framework are listed in the "Add or Remove
Programs"? I've run into this same error when both version 1.0.x and
1.1 are installed and it appears to not properly recognize that version
1.1 is installed.

My solution was to uninstall both and get the latest version from
Windows Update.

Good luck.

Russ

Larry, thanks for your answer. However version 1.0 does not appear to
be an issue. After much reading and trying, I finally decided to bite
the bullet and reconfigure the server the way I had wanted to in the
first place. I reformatted the disk and installed Windows 2003
server, web edition in the first partition.

Once that was accomplished, I was able to get past the problem of it
telling me that ASP.NET v1.1 was not running.

Now I have other problems, but I will address them in a separate new
posting. Thanks again.

Russ