.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and MSIDXS OLEDB Provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by YK, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. YK

    YK Guest

    I'm using the MSIDXS OLEDB provider in mu ASP.NET application to search/query
    the Indexing Service catalogs for information. This works fine on my server
    until I upgrade my server with patches. After I installed the patches, and
    ..NET Framework 1.1 with SP1, the application throws exception "HttpException
    (0x8004005): Impersonation failure" when my application query the Indexing
    Catalogs.

    Previous Configuration (everything works):
    - Windows 2000 Server/IIS 5.0
    - .NET Framework 1.0 with SP2

    Current Configuration (MSIDXS fails):
    - Windows 2000 Server SP4/IIS 5.0 with latest patches
    - .NET Framework 1.1 with SP1

    Please help.
    Thanks.

    YK, Sep 21, 2004