.NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Doug, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Doug

    Doug Guest

    We are using the .net framework data provider for SQL, but
    have hit a problem that we have not been able to solve
    regardless of the timeouts or conncetion pooling settings
    on the server.

    We more times than not get this error:
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
    obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
    occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
    max pool size was reached.

    Has anyone hit this problem and/or have any
    recommendations to fix or a connection string that may
    help?

    Thanks,
    Doug

    Doug, Nov 10, 2003

  2. are you .close ing your connections in your code? especially if
    your doing dynamic coding you need to do this.

    Mike

    Michael Evanchik, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Yes,

    This is our code...
    finally
    {
    // clean up connection and adapter
    if (null != sqlConnection)
    {
    if (sqlConnection.State ==
    System.Data.ConnectionState.Open)
    sqlConnection.Close();
    sqlConnection.Dispose();
    }
    if (null != dataAdapter) dataAdapter.Dispose
    ();
    dataAdapter = null;
    sqlConnection = null;

    }