.NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

Doug

We are using the .net framework data provider for SQL, but
have hit a problem that we have not been able to solve
regardless of the timeouts or conncetion pooling settings
on the server.

We more times than not get this error:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have
occurred because all pooled connections were in use and
max pool size was reached.

Has anyone hit this problem and/or have any
recommendations to fix or a connection string that may
help?

Thanks,
Doug

Michael Evanchik

are you .close ing your connections in your code? especially if
your doing dynamic coding you need to do this.

Mike

Doug

Yes,

This is our code...
finally
{
// clean up connection and adapter
if (null != sqlConnection)
{
if (sqlConnection.State ==
System.Data.ConnectionState.Open)
sqlConnection.Close();
sqlConnection.Dispose();
}
if (null != dataAdapter) dataAdapter.Dispose
();
dataAdapter = null;
sqlConnection = null;