.NET Framework problem

Arsalan

Whenever I download some new source code of ASP.NET, the VS.NET IDE cant
open it for some reason.
Its asking for newer .NET Framework, do i have to download it ? or is there
any update/patch available? the new framework is around 100 mb.

Mark Miller

Yes, you need to download it and then use the "aspnet_regiis.exe" utility to
register v 1.1 with IIS. Both framework versions can run side by side on the
same machine so you can continue to use v1.0 and you will now be able to use
code that uses the v1.1 framework as well.

to register just run the following from the command-line:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiss.exe -i