.NET framework service failed to start

bill healy

I am running Windows xp home. I am not a software developer, just a home
user. I recently noticed on my event viewer under system that whenever I
start my
computer there is an error message under service control manager. It says
that .NET framework service failed to find the file specified. As far as
I can tell the computer is working fine. Should I be concerned? Could this
represent a significant problem?
For what it's worth, I looked in Control panel and it says I have . NET 1.0

Note- I don't know if this is a
coincidence. However, the first day I noticed this error was the same day
that I used AdAware to remove spyware and adware from my system. I removed
2020Search, Ibis, and istbar.dotcomtoolbar and a few other items.

Should I do anything about this? If so, what?
Many thanks