    A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is pushed too
    high.

    Thanks.
    suzy, Feb 10, 2004

  2. suzy

    Eric Guest

    Eric, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Eric,

    A friend (and workmate) uses and loves www.boundgrid.com

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Feb 10, 2004
  4. suzy

    suzy Guest

    hi eric/justin,

    the sites you submitted look good, especially boundgrid and easerve.

    can i ask if you have had any problems with running custom .net dll's? do
    they charge extra for this, if so how much etc?

    thanks again...

    suzy, Feb 10, 2004
  5. I use webhost4life.com

    Service - excellent
    Prices - lowest around.

    The only thing I noticed is performance. I don't think I program my pages so
    bad, but sometimes Server chokes. It happens very rare during "rush" hours.
    For something that is really imprtant I would go with expensive host.

    If you go with them please use my referral ID: katit

    Hope it helps!

    "suzy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
    > asp.net with custom c# DLLs?
    >
    > A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is pushed

    too
    > high.
    >
    > Thanks.

    ---
    Ivan Demkovitch, Feb 10, 2004
  6. suzy

    Eric Guest

    suzy wrote:

    > can i ask if you have had any problems with running custom .net
    > dll's? do they charge extra for this, if so how much etc?

    These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
    includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.

    They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
    but you probably don't have this stuff.
    Eric, Feb 10, 2004
  7. suzy

    suzy Guest

    > These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
    > includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.
    >
    > They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
    > but you probably don't have this stuff.

    Hi Eric,

    What if I want to write c# DLL's that my asp.net pages call? eg: i would
    like to have my asp.net pages talk to my custom written c# dll which talks
    to my database.

    i know asp.net creates dll's but what i want is to write c# classes.

    any ideas on this?

    thanks again.
    suzy, Feb 10, 2004
  8. This is all fine.
    Any DLL's placed into Bin folder will be accesible.

    It works like this.

    "suzy" <> wrote in message

    > > These sites support ASP.NET as part of their normal service. This
    > > includes DLLs that are used in bin folders.
    > >
    > > They charge extra for things like Windows Services and COM components,
    > > but you probably don't have this stuff.
    > >

    > Hi Eric,
    >
    > What if I want to write c# DLL's that my asp.net pages call? eg: i would
    > like to have my asp.net pages talk to my custom written c# dll which talks
    > to my database.
    >
    > i know asp.net creates dll's but what i want is to write c# classes.
    >
    > any ideas on this?
    >
    > thanks again.

    ---
    Ivan Demkovitch, Feb 10, 2004
  9. suzy

    DalePres Guest

    I'm moving my site to http://www.1planhost.com because they have 500 MB, any
    DLL in your bin folder will work, and 20GB transfer for 99 a year. And so
    far, their support has been prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous. I just
    signed up last week so can't give you long-term reports on them, but I'm
    pleased so far.

    Dale

    DalePres, Feb 11, 2004
  10. suzy

    suzy Guest

    hi,

    this looks really cheap. do u mind telling more about how bad and rare
    these performance problems are?

    do u have a link to a site you host with them so i can try it out?

    thanks

    suzy, Feb 11, 2004
  11. 2 sites:

    www.pgracing.com
    www.slka.net

    They are on a different machines which makes them different.

    "suzy" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > this looks really cheap. do u mind telling more about how bad and rare
    > these performance problems are?
    >
    > do u have a link to a site you host with them so i can try it out?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Ivan Demkovitch" <> wrote in message
    > > I use webhost4life.com
    > >
    > > Service - excellent
    > > Prices - lowest around.
    > >
    > > The only thing I noticed is performance. I don't think I program my

    pages
    > so
    > > bad, but sometimes Server chokes. It happens very rare during "rush"

    > hours.
    > > For something that is really imprtant I would go with expensive host.
    > >
    > > If you go with them please use my referral ID: katit
    > >
    > > Hope it helps!
    > >
    > > "suzy" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
    > > > asp.net with custom c# DLLs?
    > > >
    > > > A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is

    pushed
    > > too
    > > > high.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >

    > > ---

    ---
    Ivan Demkovitch, Feb 12, 2004
  12. For problems:

    I noticed twice (during 1 year) downtimes (about 10 minutes each)

    Also, I noticed slowdowns - 5 times or so.
    Users never complained and was satisfied. But we are developers and trying
    to get it to perfection...

    I honestly think it's just because of Win hosting. Also, I never tried any
    other hosts. Probably if I will, I will just get dedicated hosting and move
    my customers there...(who knows, may be because of your site my users see
    this slowdowns ;-) )

    "suzy" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > this looks really cheap. do u mind telling more about how bad and rare
    > these performance problems are?
    >
    > do u have a link to a site you host with them so i can try it out?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > "Ivan Demkovitch" <> wrote in message
    > > I use webhost4life.com
    > >
    > > Service - excellent
    > > Prices - lowest around.
    > >
    > > The only thing I noticed is performance. I don't think I program my

    pages
    > so
    > > bad, but sometimes Server chokes. It happens very rare during "rush"

    > hours.
    > > For something that is really imprtant I would go with expensive host.
    > >
    > > If you go with them please use my referral ID: katit
    > >
    > > Hope it helps!
    > >
    > > "suzy" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know of a cheap hosting company that will allow me to host
    > > > asp.net with custom c# DLLs?
    > > >
    > > > A SQL Server would also be handy but not necessary if the cost is

    pushed
    > > too
    > > > high.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.