Net::HTTP problem with SAP (iView is not compatible...)

Jim Freeze

I am trying to scrape some info from a web page (local intranet),
but, instead of useful information, I get the message:

iView is not compatible with your browser,...

This message is due to SAP. However, I suppose that there should
be a way to emulate a browser so that I get real data, and
not this message.

Has anyone ran across this problem and solved it?
If I ran my own proxy, would that tell me what the browser
is sending the web host?

Thanks

Jos Backus

I am trying to scrape some info from a web page (local intranet),
but, instead of useful information, I get the message:

iView is not compatible with your browser,...

This message is due to SAP. However, I suppose that there should
be a way to emulate a browser so that I get real data, and
not this message.

You could try setting the User-Agent in the HTTP Request header so the site
thinks you're using Mozilla or such.

Jim Freeze

* Jos Backus said:
You could try setting the User-Agent in the HTTP Request header so the site
thinks you're using Mozilla or such.

Ahh, thanks. I'll give that a try.

toshu526

I dont know the solution but there is temporary workaround for this..
press F12 then go to geared icon(settings) then in override agent select internet explorer...and refresh the current page by F5 then close the console window.
If anybody have found a solution kindly tell me i facing this one too.
thanks