net/http PUT/POST versus GET performance

snacktime

I've found the performance difference between the PUT/POST and GET
methods with net/http to be rather dramatic. The former clock in at
around 10 per second, the latter at around 200. It seems that
net/http sends the headers, then spends a large amount of time doing
whatever is does with the body and then sending that. It isn't all
written out to the socket at once. I can tell because I'm using
eventmachine for the server end and it's very consistant, the whole
request is never ready for reading on the server socket, it's always
sent in two junks fairly far apart.

Chris