.net install problems

Vahan Babakhanian

first time dealing with .Net
[ win2k server with .Net framework & WebMatrix installed ]
have 3 questions

1.
when starting Start / Program Files / Admin Tools / .Net Framework
Configuration
i'm getting an error message:
MMC - Snap-in failed to initialize .Net Framework Configuration

2.
sample test1.aspx file is located in /wwwroot.
when openning a sample aspx file in the IE, v.6 browser - i'm getting an
error:
"Server Application Unavailable. The web application you are attempting to
access on this web server is currently unavailable."

in win2k server Event Log:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80004005

3.
is it possible to use such a configuration:
..Net installed on the server of the local network
WebMatrix installed on the local PC

thanks for advices.

Craig Deelsnyder

Vahan said:
[...]

is it a domain controller? If so, you need to do some special user setup

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetAP01.asp

see the section on running on a domain controller..

if not, try changing the user in processModel in your machine.config to
SYSTEM and see if it'll run. Note I don't recommend running this way
for security reasons, but this will help flush out if it is your user
(and I think this'll work even if you are a domain controller)