.net installation

Guest

Hi,
I've installed vs.net 2003 in my winxp sp2, but when I start a new ASP web
application I get the folling error: "HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error"
knowing I installed IIS and when I run the command "aspnet_regiis.exe /i" it
came up with following error can't find aspnet_regiis.exe.
so how can I fix it.

S. Justin Gengo

Mike,

Are you running aspnet_regiis from the regular command prompt or from the
Visual Studio.Net command prompt?

Start - All Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 - Visual Studio
..NET Tools - Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt

Also the command given should be: aspnet_regiis -i

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

yes, it's installed now but still when starting an web application the same
error: can't find http://localhost/applicationame "HTTP/1.1 500 internal
server error"
--
Regads,
Rochdi

S. Justin Gengo said:
Mike,

Are you running aspnet_regiis from the regular command prompt or from the
Visual Studio.Net command prompt?

Start - All Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 - Visual Studio
..NET Tools - Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt

Also the command given should be: aspnet_regiis -i

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

S. Justin Gengo

Mike,

Read through this forum thread:

http://forums.asp.net/937780/ShowPost.aspx

Perhaps you're having the same problem as one of the people there. The first
person just had a bad web.config file, but there are other problems listed
later and if you try the same steps you may find your solution.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Mike said:
yes, it's installed now but still when starting an web application the
same
error: can't find http://localhost/applicationame "HTTP/1.1 500 internal
server error"

Mr Newbie

Sorry for butting in here, but I wondered if the OP had tried to create the
site before he ran the registration fix.

Has the OP checked in IIS admin that the site has been created properly
since the fix ?

Just trying to help !