.NET/JAVA Interoperability

arun_005

Hi,
I'm facing some problem with respect to .NET client invoking a Java
WebService.
I'm able to access a Java WebService, whose binding is RPC/Encoded.But
the same
WebService when deployed using Document/Literal gives a problem.

Please find below my problem:
I have a method being exposed in Java WebService by name callMethod()
that returns a string.
The proxy generated for this method using wsdl.exe is as follows:
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)]
[return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("callMethodResponse",
Namespace="http://arun:8080/Training/services/Sample11")]
public callMethodResponse callMethod()
{
object[] results = this.Invoke("callMethod", new object[0]);
return ((callMethodResponse)(results[0]));

I invoke the method from C# using the following syntax:
-------------------------------------
Sample11 obj = new Sample11();
callMethodResponse objRes;
objRes = obj.callMethod();
string str;
str = objRes.callMethodReturn;
-------------------------------------

Initially I recieved an error saying "java.lang.exception:Body not
found".
I could set this right by changing the SoapParameterStyle in
SoapDocumentMethodAttribute
from SoapParameterStyle.Bare to SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped.

Now objRes has a null value.I'm not able to receive the simple string
"Hello", which I'm returning
from the Java WebService.

Thanks,
Arun.

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

did you use proxytrace to view the outgoing and incoming traffic ?

arun_005

Hi Dino Chiesa,
Thanks for replying.I have NOT used proxytrace.I've even appended the
port number 8080 to the URL in the proxy class file.But the same
webservice works with RPC/Encoded, but gives a problem in
DOCUMENT/LITERAL.

Please Help!

Arun.