.NET limits a number of HTTP connections

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by ildar, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. ildar

    ildar Guest

    I believe it was discussed here before but I can't find.

    So here's a problem:

    For each request I synchronously call a Web Service but .NET limits a number
    of HTTP connections you can establish from a particular process. The default
    number = 2. So if 2 requests are waiting for Web service response and the
    third request is coming ASP.NET serializes outbound HTTP connection as all(2)
    HTTP connections are taken. You can increase the number of connections
    setting System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLimit = 10 for
    example.

    Again this is my interpretaion of this issue. I'm not sure if it's correct.

    But if it's correct my question is:

    As DefaultConnectionLimit = 2 is coming from HTTP spec is it a viable design
    to call HTTP web service from a web client.

    --
    Ildar

    ildar, Apr 1, 2005

  2. ildar