.NET Membership - Domain Authorization doesn't work with roles

0

00_DotNetWarrior

I am trying to setup a simple authenication to protect my application. I am
using Windows authenicated (enabled in IIS) and I am running .NET 2.0

If I am using users, it works:

<authorization>
<allow users="domain\alex" />
<deny users="*" />
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

But if I am using roles, it doesn't work. It prompts me for the password and
"alex" is an Authenticated Users

<authorization>
<allow roles="domain\Authenticated Users" />
<deny users="*" />
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

I am using this in my web.config too:

<authentication mode="Windows">
</authentication>

What did I do wrong and what have I missed? HELP please

Zean

Erik Funkenbusch

What did I do wrong and what have I missed? HELP please

You need to enable the WindowsTokenRoleProvider. Examples should be easily
found on the net.