    under-specked hardware can be used. Anyone know where I can get a REAL WORLD
    refrence for the .NET enviroment ?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/vxorivisualstudionetsystemrequirements.asp

    fred, Jan 13, 2004

  2. The specs aren't THAT out of whack. I've personally run it with
    significantly less resources. Not that I would want to on a daily basis, but
    it can be done in a pinch.

    "fred" <> wrote in message
    > I came across this link on the MS site as a refrence for the hardware
    > requirements for .NET Enterprise Architect. Are MS Smoking Something, I

    have

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jan 13, 2004

  3. fred

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well you can almost use any hardware than can load windows 200 pro... so
    consider anything over 350 Mhz... with 128 meg ram...
    but seriously... you arent a programmer if you are using that spec... cause
    for me my 2 year old laptop which is 1Ghz with 384 megs of RAM isnt good
    enough... i feel thats it becomes slow if i have two instance of VS.NET
    open... actually i feel its slow either way...

    at home where i do most of my dev is a dual proc with a gig of ram... (at
    work its P4 1.6 GHz with 512 megs)

    --
    Regards,

    HD