    testing is for contractors to add more billable hours. 99% of all
    real life errors won't be caught with it. How hard is it to read
    the .aspx file on the url and go to the file and debug.

    Cindy Lee, Oct 1, 2008

  2. Cindy Lee

    ChevronBoyde Guest

    Must say I am feeling your pain. Seems the real world and purists/academics
    cannot agree once again.

    Interesting how we keep getting handed more "cutting edge must haves" that
    get canned sooner than later, the latest being linq to sql which seems may
    be dropped for linq to entities.

    ChevronBoyde, Nov 21, 2008

  3. Cindy Lee wrote:
    > Wow, I can't believe they're trying to do this garbage.
    >
    > If I wanted to do complicated MVC and unit testing, I'd go back to
    > Java.
    >
    > Bottom line is people that are doing this are cocky developers that
    > have something to prove.
    >
    > Every MVC project I've seen besides very simple struts, ends up taking
    > 3 times the estimated time and maintaining it is a nightmare. It's
    > code that no one wants to work on except the lead developer and once
    > they leave it becomes a giant mess.
    >
    > Unit testing is the biggest joke in the world. The only use of unit
    > testing is for contractors to add more billable hours. 99% of all
    > real life errors won't be caught with it. How hard is it to read
    > the .aspx file on the url and go to the file and debug.

    I've been working on MVC for really a long time, and never have had
    problems at all. MVC has been there for a really long time and has been
    tested ever since. Major applications use that pattern, and certainly
    all of my (non-trivial) applications.

    Perhaps you've had the bad luck of hanging around really bad programmers.

    Regards.

    Fernando A. Gómez F., Nov 21, 2008