.NET MVC = waste of time

Cindy Lee

Wow, I can't believe they're trying to do this garbage.

If I wanted to do complicated MVC and unit testing, I'd go back to
Java.

Bottom line is people that are doing this are cocky developers that
have something to prove.

Every MVC project I've seen besides very simple struts, ends up taking
3 times the estimated time and maintaining it is a nightmare. It's
code that no one wants to work on except the lead developer and once
they leave it becomes a giant mess.

Unit testing is the biggest joke in the world. The only use of unit
testing is for contractors to add more billable hours. 99% of all
real life errors won't be caught with it. How hard is it to read
the .aspx file on the url and go to the file and debug.

ChevronBoyde

Must say I am feeling your pain. Seems the real world and purists/academics
cannot agree once again.

Interesting how we keep getting handed more "cutting edge must haves" that
get canned sooner than later, the latest being linq to sql which seems may
be dropped for linq to entities.

Fernando A. Gómez F.

Cindy said:
Wow, I can't believe they're trying to do this garbage.

If I wanted to do complicated MVC and unit testing, I'd go back to
Java.

Bottom line is people that are doing this are cocky developers that
have something to prove.

Every MVC project I've seen besides very simple struts, ends up taking
3 times the estimated time and maintaining it is a nightmare. It's
code that no one wants to work on except the lead developer and once
they leave it becomes a giant mess.

Unit testing is the biggest joke in the world. The only use of unit
testing is for contractors to add more billable hours. 99% of all
real life errors won't be caught with it. How hard is it to read
the .aspx file on the url and go to the file and debug.

I've been working on MVC for really a long time, and never have had
problems at all. MVC has been there for a really long time and has been
tested ever since. Major applications use that pattern, and certainly
all of my (non-trivial) applications.

Perhaps you've had the bad luck of hanging around really bad programmers.

Regards.