    Any help will be appreciated.

    thanks and regards
    Kaushik
    Kaushik Dutta, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Kaushik Dutta

    Daniel Bass Guest

    As far as I know, the code in ASP is not "compiled", that is, no lower level
    files are generated. Compiling happens when the user views the page. You
    build the project in VS.NET to simply check the syntactical layout of your
    code.

    1. view your page,
    2. If you edit a file for the code begin in notepad say, then save it.
    3. view your page again.

    does this produce the result you require?

    "Kaushik Dutta" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Is there a way to achieve the following in ASP.NET?
    >
    > 1) I have a .NET application, consisting of , say , 3 pages, each of then
    > using codebehind .
    > 2) I make change to one (or more) codebehind files . I DO NOT compile the
    > files after making the changes.
    > 3) When I make a request for any of the pages (whose codebehind files I
    > have changed), the changed files are compiled automatically(on the fly)

    and
    > the page is displayed with the changes reflected in the page

    functionality.

    Daniel Bass, Aug 22, 2003

  3. It is not necessary to use CodeBehind that is compiled to a DLL, so the
    answer to your question is "yes." In the Page Template, you would add a
    "src=PathToCodeBehind" attribute, and change the "Inherits" to not point to
    a namespace.class, but just the class name of the CodeBehind class.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP