    thanks!
    matt

    , Jul 13, 2006

  2. I used ABCPdf ( ABCPdf.com ) for generating PDF.
    Its pretty simple to use. You give html to it and it generates PDF in bytes.

    To repeat certain header on each page, you can program using ABCPdf API and
    pass separate HTML for each page header.

    hth,
    Avnrao.

    =?Utf-8?B?YXZucmFv?=, Jul 13, 2006

  3. bruno Guest

    wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > HTML's <thead> is used to persist the header info on multiple sheets of
    > printout. this is very useful when printing reports rendered in html
    > tables, such as the ones i write for my company.
    >
    > now we are looking to provide a PDF-version of my html reports.
    >
    > the PDF components ive seen thus far allow me to pipe in my aspx's html
    > report, and it pages it out properly. but only the first page contains
    > the header info. thats a problem.
    >
    > a PDF component that fully supported <thead> would (presumably) persist
    > the header section onto *each* page of the PDF. this is required for my
    > reports.
    >
    > does anyone know of a .NET PDF component that does this?

    I am not familiar with HTML's <thread> but if you
    try iTextSharp, you could define the header in what
    we call a 'page event'.
    You can feed iTextSharp with content and new pages
    will be created automatically. However, everytime
    a new page is started or ended, a page event will
    be executed. In general page events are used to add
    headers/footers/page numbers/watermarks/...
    This is the short explanation, for more info please read:
    http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/directcontent/pageevents/
    (The examples are written in Java, but you can adapt them
    to .NET if you use one of the iText ports)
    best regards,
    Bruno

    bruno, Jul 14, 2006

    avnrao wrote:
    > I used ABCPdf ( ABCPdf.com ) for generating PDF.
    > Its pretty simple to use. You give html to it and it generates PDF in bytes.
    >
    > To repeat certain header on each page, you can program using ABCPdf API and
    > pass separate HTML for each page header.

    avnrao,

    i have tried ABCpdf, but they do not offer <THEAD> support. i have used
    their API to programmatically insert a header-table onto each page, but
    note that such a table is *not* part of your content-table. thus,
    getting the 15-columns to line up correctly is proving *very* difficult
    -- even when i explicitly set the widths to the html columns the same
    on both tables, ABCpdf is rendering them differently.

    matt

    , Jul 14, 2006

    wrote:
    > does anyone know of a .NET PDF component that does this?

    i just recieved an email from TallPDF, in response to my inquiry.
    amazingly, they said they had support for this but hadnt enabled it,
    and that they will enabe it for their next release. could be as early
    as next week.

    i will test it out and let you know if it works as expected!

    matt

    , Jul 14, 2006