.NET PDF componet w/ <THEAD> support??

matt

hello,

HTML's <thead> is used to persist the header info on multiple sheets of
printout. this is very useful when printing reports rendered in html
tables, such as the ones i write for my company.

now we are looking to provide a PDF-version of my html reports.

the PDF components ive seen thus far allow me to pipe in my aspx's html
report, and it pages it out properly. but only the first page contains
the header info. thats a problem.

a PDF component that fully supported <thead> would (presumably) persist
the header section onto *each* page of the PDF. this is required for my
reports.

does anyone know of a .NET PDF component that does this?

thanks!
matt

Guest

I used ABCPdf ( ABCPdf.com ) for generating PDF.
Its pretty simple to use. You give html to it and it generates PDF in bytes.

To repeat certain header on each page, you can program using ABCPdf API and
pass separate HTML for each page header.

hth,
Avnrao.

bruno

hello,

HTML's <thead> is used to persist the header info on multiple sheets of
printout. this is very useful when printing reports rendered in html
tables, such as the ones i write for my company.

now we are looking to provide a PDF-version of my html reports.

the PDF components ive seen thus far allow me to pipe in my aspx's html
report, and it pages it out properly. but only the first page contains
the header info. thats a problem.

a PDF component that fully supported <thead> would (presumably) persist
the header section onto *each* page of the PDF. this is required for my
reports.

does anyone know of a .NET PDF component that does this?

I am not familiar with HTML's <thread> but if you
try iTextSharp, you could define the header in what
we call a 'page event'.
You can feed iTextSharp with content and new pages
will be created automatically. However, everytime
a new page is started or ended, a page event will
be executed. In general page events are used to add
headers/footers/page numbers/watermarks/...
This is the short explanation, for more info please read:
http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/directcontent/pageevents/
(The examples are written in Java, but you can adapt them
to .NET if you use one of the iText ports)
best regards,
Bruno

matt

avnrao said:
I used ABCPdf ( ABCPdf.com ) for generating PDF.
Its pretty simple to use. You give html to it and it generates PDF in bytes.

To repeat certain header on each page, you can program using ABCPdf API and
pass separate HTML for each page header.

avnrao,

i have tried ABCpdf, but they do not offer <THEAD> support. i have used
their API to programmatically insert a header-table onto each page, but
note that such a table is *not* part of your content-table. thus,
getting the 15-columns to line up correctly is proving *very* difficult
-- even when i explicitly set the widths to the html columns the same
on both tables, ABCpdf is rendering them differently.

matt

matt

does anyone know of a .NET PDF component that does this?

i just recieved an email from TallPDF, in response to my inquiry.
amazingly, they said they had support for this but hadnt enabled it,
and that they will enabe it for their next release. could be as early
as next week.

i will test it out and let you know if it works as expected!

matt