.NET performance counters showing more than 100% network utilization

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bimalendug@yahoo.com, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm using the .NET performance counters to calculate the network
    utilization. But this value exceeds 100%.
    In most of the cases, it is very similar to the one shown in the
    task-manager. But when I try to measure the network utilization with a
    particular utility that sends large data, then the values that I get
    exceed 100%. Even in the task-manager it shows similar graph (graph
    goes up above the 100% line and disappears and then sometimes comes
    back to the 100% line and then it disappears again...)
    Here is the formula that I use to calculate the network performance
    (half-duplex):
    %utilization = ((8*(dataSent + dataReceived))/bandwidth*time_in_sec)) *
    100

    Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Is it something expected?

    Thanks & Regards
    Bimalendu

    , Sep 6, 2005