.NET programming advice to new programmers

master_programmer

Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......

Dont do it !!

I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications. It
is very very slow. You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
different programming language instead of IIS.

I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go, its
free and you can compile the Cold Fusion code into applications that
work on Apache internet servers or as desktop applications - without
making any changes to them. Cold Fusion also allows you to make Flash
movies, that can be emailed as attachments. If you are serious about
programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.

The Master

Mark Rae

Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......

Dont do it !!

Oh my God - you're right! What on earth have I been doing for the last few
years...?

OK, you're obviously a troll, but here goes anyway...
I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications.

What, at gunpoint?
It is very very slow.

Alternatively, maybe you're just very stupid...
You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
different programming language instead of IIS.

Ah - yes, you *are* very stupid if you think IIS is a programming
language...
I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go,

ColdFusion more powerful than ASP.NET??? Wow!

You mean it's free (note the apostrophe)? Microsoft provide a free version
of Visual Studio (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/) just for
people like you...
and you can compile the Cold Fusion code into applications that
work on Apache internet servers or as desktop applications - without
making any changes to them.

What? By wrapping everything up in a Macromedia Flash package - whoopee!
Cold Fusion also allows you to make Flash movies, that can be emailed as
attachments.
Hurrah!

If you are serious about programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.

Maybe go troll somewhere else...?

Ray Booysen

Mark said:
Oh my God - you're right! What on earth have I been doing for the last few
years...?

OK, you're obviously a troll, but here goes anyway...

What, at gunpoint?

Alternatively, maybe you're just very stupid...

Ah - yes, you *are* very stupid if you think IIS is a programming
language...

I like the part where we need to drop IIS as a programming language. ;)

dingbat

I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go, its
free

In your other trollpost to the cf groups you claimed that ColdFusion
had just been abandoned....

John Timney \(MVP\)

We'd be better off of people like you forgot the idea, and went and did
knitting instead!

..Net was designed for people who can use a computer!! Clearly if your
trying to program in IIS you have a few classes left to attend.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)

master_programmer

Dont listen to these guys. I tried C# and VB# and both of them were
very slow. The IIS program is even slower than Java !

The Grand Master

master_programmer

In the real world no-one takes Microsoft computer programming
seriously. Even Microsoft don't use it. No part of Microsoft Window -
or any Microsoft products are made using C# or VB# or J++# (not even
one) !!!!!

The Master

Patrick.O.Ige

master_programmer you need a rest(go and sleep).
then come back and write something that makes sense.

master_programmer

Everyone goes on about .NET as if they are brainwashed. I actualy
prefer ActiveX objects running in a sandbox, its much more suitable for
regular applications.

The Master

master_programmer

By the way.... To all new programmers....

YOU DONT EVEN NEED IIS !!!!! You can get shared web hosting for a
small cost !!! Dont listen to people that tell you otherwise. Learning
this IIS stuff is a waste of time. There is no neeed to learn these
other languages.

The Master

Kevin Spencer

<plonk>

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Orange you bland I stopped splaying bananas?