    programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.

    The Master
    , Aug 16, 2006

  2. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......
    >
    > Dont do it !!

    Oh my God - you're right! What on earth have I been doing for the last few
    years...?

    OK, you're obviously a troll, but here goes anyway...

    > I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications.

    What, at gunpoint?

    > It is very very slow.

    Alternatively, maybe you're just very stupid...

    > You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
    > different programming language instead of IIS.

    Ah - yes, you *are* very stupid if you think IIS is a programming
    language...

    > I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go,

    ColdFusion more powerful than ASP.NET??? Wow!

    > its free

    You mean it's free (note the apostrophe)? Microsoft provide a free version
    of Visual Studio (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/) just for
    people like you...

    > and you can compile the Cold Fusion code into applications that
    > work on Apache internet servers or as desktop applications - without
    > making any changes to them.

    What? By wrapping everything up in a Macromedia Flash package - whoopee!

    > Cold Fusion also allows you to make Flash movies, that can be emailed as
    > attachments.

    Hurrah!

    > If you are serious about programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.

    Maybe go troll somewhere else...?
    Mark Rae, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Ray Booysen Guest

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......
    >>
    >> Dont do it !!

    > Oh my God - you're right! What on earth have I been doing for the last few
    > years...?
    >
    > OK, you're obviously a troll, but here goes anyway...
    >
    >> I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications.

    > What, at gunpoint?
    >
    >> It is very very slow.

    > Alternatively, maybe you're just very stupid...
    >
    >> You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
    >> different programming language instead of IIS.

    > Ah - yes, you *are* very stupid if you think IIS is a programming
    > language...

    I like the part where we need to drop IIS as a programming language. ;)

    Ray Booysen, Aug 16, 2006

    wrote:

    > I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go, its
    > free

    In your other trollpost to the cf groups you claimed that ColdFusion
    had just been abandoned....
    , Aug 16, 2006
  5. We'd be better off of people like you forgot the idea, and went and did
    knitting instead!

    ..Net was designed for people who can use a computer!! Clearly if your
    trying to program in IIS you have a few classes left to attend.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Aug 16, 2006

    Dont listen to these guys. I tried C# and VB# and both of them were
    very slow. The IIS program is even slower than Java !

    The Grand Master

    John Timney (MVP) wrote:
    > We'd be better off of people like you forgot the idea, and went and did
    > knitting instead!
    >
    > .Net was designed for people who can use a computer!! Clearly if your
    > trying to program in IIS you have a few classes left to attend.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......
    > >
    > > Dont do it !!
    > >
    > > I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications. It
    > > is very very slow. You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
    > > different programming language instead of IIS.
    > >
    > > I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go, its
    > > free and you can compile the Cold Fusion code into applications that
    > > work on Apache internet servers or as desktop applications - without
    > > making any changes to them. Cold Fusion also allows you to make Flash
    > > movies, that can be emailed as attachments. If you are serious about
    > > programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.
    > >
    > > The Master

    , Aug 17, 2006

    In the real world no-one takes Microsoft computer programming
    seriously. Even Microsoft don't use it. No part of Microsoft Window -
    or any Microsoft products are made using C# or VB# or J++# (not even
    one) !!!!!

    The Master

    wrote:
    > Dont listen to these guys. I tried C# and VB# and both of them were
    > very slow. The IIS program is even slower than Java !
    >
    > The Grand Master
    >

    > John Timney (MVP) wrote:
    > > We'd be better off of people like you forgot the idea, and went and did
    > > knitting instead!
    > >
    > > .Net was designed for people who can use a computer!! Clearly if your
    > > trying to program in IIS you have a few classes left to attend.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > John Timney (MVP)
    > >

    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > Advice to new programmers considering ASP.NET......
    > > >
    > > > Dont do it !!
    > > >
    > > > I was forced to use the Visual Studio to make ASP.NET applications. It
    > > > is very very slow. You are better off forgetting the idea and use a
    > > > different programming language instead of IIS.
    > > >
    > > > I recommend trying a more powerful solution, give Cold Fusion a go, its
    > > > free and you can compile the Cold Fusion code into applications that
    > > > work on Apache internet servers or as desktop applications - without
    > > > making any changes to them. Cold Fusion also allows you to make Flash
    > > > movies, that can be emailed as attachments. If you are serious about
    > > > programming don't bother with the .NET rubbish.
    > > >
    > > > The Master

    , Aug 17, 2006
  8. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I tried C# and VB#

    VB#???

    >The IIS program is even slower than Java !

    <plonk>
    Mark Rae, Aug 17, 2006

    I heard that VB# is up to 5 times slower than java !

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I tried C# and VB#

    > VB#???
    >
    > >The IIS program is even slower than Java !

    > <plonk>
    , Aug 17, 2006
  10. master_programmer you need a rest(go and sleep).
    then come back and write something that makes sense.

    Patrick.O.Ige, Aug 17, 2006
  11. Please don't feed the troll.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 17, 2006

    Everyone goes on about .NET as if they are brainwashed. I actualy
    prefer ActiveX objects running in a sandbox, its much more suitable for
    regular applications.

    The Master

    Patrick.O.Ige wrote:
    > master_programmer you need a rest(go and sleep).
    > then come back and write something that makes sense.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >I heard that VB# is up to 5 times slower than java !
    > >
    > > Mark Rae wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> VB#???

    > >> <plonk>

    , Aug 17, 2006

    By the way.... To all new programmers....

    YOU DONT EVEN NEED IIS !!!!! You can get shared web hosting for a
    small cost !!! Dont listen to people that tell you otherwise. Learning
    this IIS stuff is a waste of time. There is no neeed to learn these
    other languages.

    The Master

    Patrick.O.Ige wrote:
    > master_programmer you need a rest(go and sleep).
    > then come back and write something that makes sense.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >I heard that VB# is up to 5 times slower than java !
    > >
    > > Mark Rae wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> VB#???

    > >> <plonk>

    , Aug 17, 2006
  14. <plonk>

    --

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Orange you bland I stopped splaying bananas?

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 17, 2006