    By the way did someone read the book "Writting Secure
    Code" and does it worth to buy it ?

    Many thanks for your advices

    wonder_koko, Oct 20, 2003

  2. wonder_koko

    Mary Chipman Guest

    IMO, reading everything you can get your hands on is usually a good
    idea. If you're not sure about a book, go to a bookstore and thumb
    through a copy before buying. another excellent, free resource is the
    ASP.NET security best practices whitepaper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44047. While
    you're at at, you might as well also grab
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/threatcounter.asp.

    -- Mary
    MCW Technologies
    http://www.mcwtech.com

    Mary Chipman, Oct 20, 2003

  3. wonder_koko

    wonder_koko Guest

    Ho it seems that the ¨PDF you gave is in fact the same as
    the book "Building Secure Microsoft Asp.Net Applications:
    Authentication, Authorization, and Secure Communication :
    Patterns & Practices" from MSPress no ?

    If i had known i wouldn't have bought it ;)
    But many thanks for the link to Threats and
    Countermeasures :)
    Any other advice will be appreciated :)
    Regards

    wonder_koko, Oct 21, 2003
  4. wonder_koko

    wonder_koko Guest

    I just realized that all Patterns & Practices are
    downloadable in pdf format ;)

    wonder_koko, Oct 21, 2003
  5. wonder_koko

    Mary Chipman Guest

    Although it's not specifically about any one product, I found Bruce
    Schneier's "Secrets and Lies" excellent for understanding the basic
    concepts involved in security and cryptography. It's also an
    entertaining read. You can get to other free security resources from
    www.microsoft.com/security, as well.

    -- Mary
    MCW Technologies
    http://www.mcwtech.com

    Mary Chipman, Oct 21, 2003
  6. wonder_koko

    wonder_koko Guest

    Thanks Mary

    I just passed command for "Programming .NET Security (en
    anglais)" from O'Reilly and "Writing Secure Code" from
    MSPress and I add "Secrets and Lies" to my "to buy" list

    wonder_koko, Oct 23, 2003