    another script. Where should this "use" command be entered?

    I'm sure it is a syntax thing that I'm just overlooking, but any advise is
    appreciated.

    Just Me, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Just Me

    Jim Mozley Guest

    Just Me wrote:

    > I'm using ActivePerl 5.6. Everything I read says I need to "use Net::SMTP"
    > but use is not a valid command from Windows, and in PPM it is an unknown or
    > ambiguous.
    >
    > I can not for the life of me figgure out how to "Use" the Net::SMTP module,
    > or the Net-SMTP-Server-Clinet2 module from Windows, PPM or from within
    > another script. Where should this "use" command be entered?

    You use the module within your script so you have:

    use Net::SMTP;

    near the beginning of you script.

    If you need to get the module on your windows machine then from the dos
    command line type ppm to get into the perl package manager and then
    search smtp to find the exact name (probably net-smtp), then install
    net-smtp.

    The new learning perl objects, references & modules book from O'Reilly
    is worth getting for learning this stuff.

    Jim

    Jim Mozley, Nov 13, 2003