    I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
    they don't have what I need. help?

    Thanks,

    Bob, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:51:43 GMT, Bob <> wrote:

    >I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
    >I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
    >they don't have what I need. help?
    >
    >Thanks,

    I should have noted: I'm not looking to do an attachment, I just want
    to spec the Content-type header for the main message body to force
    text/plain.

    Bob, Oct 3, 2005

  3. Bob

    Tintin Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
    > I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
    > they don't have what I need. help?

    MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

    Tintin, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:21:30 +1300, "Tintin" <>
    wrote:

    >"Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
    >> I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
    >> they don't have what I need. help?

    >MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

    Tintin:

    I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
    hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
    ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
    two tied together ?

    Thanks,

    Bob, Oct 3, 2005
  5. Bob wrote:
    > "Tintin" wrote:
    >> "Bob" wrote:
    >>> I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
    >>> I need to generate the MIME headers.

    >> MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

    > I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
    > hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
    > ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
    > two tied together ?

    Thought I'd mention my favorite module for sending mail: Mail::Sender.
    It's a packaged module that easily lets you set the headers.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Oct 3, 2005
  6. Bob <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:21:30 +1300, "Tintin" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
    >>> I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs
    >>> but they don't have what I need. help?

    >>MIME::Lite would be the easiest option
    >>

    > Tintin:
    >
    > I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
    > hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
    > ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
    > two tied together ?

    http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Lite-
    3.01/lib/MIME/Lite.pm#Print_a_message_into_a_string

    http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Lite-3.01/lib/MIME/Lite.pm#Sending

    Sinan

    PS: Setting X-No-Archive is a good way to get into killfiles.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 3, 2005