    i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
    TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?

    Thanks.

    Aaron Smith, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Aaron Smith

    Trans Guest

    On Jun 28, 7:35 pm, Aaron Smith <> wrote:
    > i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
    > TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
    >
    > Thanks.

    How ironic... to quote Ben, "To the best of my knowledge, no. I've
    been needing something like that for nearly a year now."

    T.
    Trans, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Aaron Smith

    Aaron Smith Guest

    Trans wrote:
    > On Jun 28, 7:35 pm, Aaron Smith <> wrote:
    >> i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
    >> TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > How ironic... to quote Ben, "To the best of my knowledge, no. I've
    > been needing something like that for nearly a year now."
    >
    > T.

    damn

    Aaron Smith, Jun 29, 2007
  4. Aaron Smith schrieb:
    > i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
    > TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
    >=20
    > Thanks.
    >=20

    Uhm, you may be able to connect to a tls auth'd smtp using a tunnel imho.=

    Sincerely
    Florian
    Florian Aßmann, Jun 29, 2007
  5. Aaron Smith wrote:
    > i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
    > TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Look at the ar_mailer gem, it includes a patch for net/smtp to to TLS.

    Jonathan

    --
    Jonathan Weiss
    http://blog.innerewut.de