Net::SMTP_auth and Authen::SASL / PPM

time_error

hi
I need a step by step guide to find and install Net::SMTP_auth and
Authen::SASL 2.03+

Anyone know a repository-URL so I can use PPM to download and install
(the simplest solution).

Running ActivePerl 5+ on WinXP SP3

BR,
Jonas, DK

Uwe Kausch

Hello Jonas,

try the following steps ...
+ open a command line windows (START => Run => enter "cmd" => press "OK")
+ enter "ppm help" to get sure that ppm is installed.

If ppm is installed, you follow up with checking the availability of the
packages ...
+ ppm search Net::SMTP_auth
+ ppm search Authen::SASL
To install the packages you are running ...
+ ppm install Net-SMTP_auth (CAUTION: use the PPM-package-name jet)
+ ppm install Authen-SASL
To check whether a package is installed or not, you doing this ...
+ ppm query Net-SMTP (!remember to use PPM-package-name)
+ ppm query Authen-SASL

For further information about PPM please check
http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.10/bin/ppm.html

If PPM is not installed on your system, just redo the installation of
ActivePerl and take care about the install options.

With "ppm list" you get all installed perl packages on your system. This
list can be very helpful to compare perl installations on different
computers.

Best regards from Munich,
Uwe