.Net SP1 in Vista Home Premium

Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have been everywhere I can think of trying to find a fix for this and have been able to find anything that works. As you can tell by my title I'm running Vista Home Premium.

I installed the .net 1.1 framework with no errors as far as I can tell. When I go to install the sp1 I get a SLxxx.tmp error. It says "SLxxx.tmp has stopped working". That's it, I don't know where to go from there. I've tried uninstalling it from the control panel and I've tried the .net cleanup tool(Found at http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner. After which I've successfully installed .net 1.1 without any errors. I have tried going into safe mode but I get an error that says something to the effect of "Windows Installer Cannot work". Bit longer but that's what it meant.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Jeff