Net::SSH2 - Authentication without a password?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by CsB, May 14, 2007.

  1. CsB

    CsB Guest

    I have installed Net::SSH2 installed and use it to connect to 90% of
    the networking equipment I need to access. It works great, thank you
    to zentara for the suggestion.

    However, I'm trying to find a solution for one vendor that decided to
    be different from the others.

    For arguments sake, we'll call the vendor 'alpha'.

    Alpha equipment apparently requires an SSH login name but no password.

    When I use SecureCRT to connect to one of the alpha boxes, (using
    Keyboard Interactive or Password as the authentication method) I am
    prompted for a username. Once I enter the proper username, the SSH2
    session is established, a shell is started, and I am then presented
    with a new set of userid and password requests which are authenticated
    against our RADIUS servers. It never prompts me for a password to
    accompany the initial username request. I have confirmed (with the
    administrator of this equipment) that it doesn't require a password to
    establish the SSH2 session.

    I cannot find many examples of Net::SSH2 so I have struggled to find
    an answer. While reading through the docs, I have tried various
    options including:

    $ssh2->auth_password( 'username' ) or die "Unable to login $@ \n";

    $ssh2->auth_password( 'username', '' ) or die "Unable to login $@ \n";

    $ssh2->auth_keyboard( 'username' ) or die "Unable to login $@ \n";

    $ssh2->auth_list( username );
    (then checking the value of $ssh->auth_ok

    All have failed. I cannot seem to figure out how to emulate the login
    process executed by SecureCRT.

    CsB, May 14, 2007