.Net Studio 2002 can't work with Framework 1.1?

Denon

Hi

Recently, I have installed the .Net framework 1.1 However, when I open
an existing web project. At [help]->[About]I found the information displayed
in there is Microsoft .NET framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705

And [Project]->[Add Reference] I found those .NET reference such as
System.Xml.dll Version is 1.03300

How can I let my .Net Studio use updated framework (v1.1) or say, let my
existing project linked with v1.1 framework library?

Thanks for your advices!

Den

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

VS.NEt 2002 compiles for Framework 1.0, you can't change that. VS.NET 2003
compiles for 1.1. However, 1.0 apps should work under Framework 1.1 without
changes though you can specify the version using configuration.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...de/html/cpconTargetingNETFrameworkVersion.asp

There's said that:

To target an application built using .NET Framework version 1.0 to run on
..NET Framework version 1.1
Enter the following XML in the application configuration file:
--
<?xml version ="1.0"?>
<configuration>

I still state that this won't affect which version VS.NET targets, with 2002
it is always 1.0. This just tells that app knows it is running under 1.1.
You still can't use 1.1-specific features in your code as they won't pass
compilation in VS.NET 2002

Denon

Thanks for your advices, btw, if my app is web application, using
web.config. Am I need to make a <applicationname>.config or just paste those
xml code in my web.config?

Thanks a lot!

Den

Denon said:
Hi

Recently, I have installed the .Net framework 1.1 However, when I open
an existing web project. At [help]->[About]I found the information displayed
in there is Microsoft .NET framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705

And [Project]->[Add Reference] I found those .NET reference such as
System.Xml.dll Version is 1.03300

How can I let my .Net Studio use updated framework (v1.1) or say,
let
my
existing project linked with v1.1 framework library?

Thanks for your advices!

Den

Denon

oh, sorry for interuupt again, if mine one is web application, is that
<applicationname>.config place near <applicationname>.dll or the root of
that web application? (just next besides web.config)?

Thanks again

Den