.net supported SOAP protocols

wardy

Hi all,

I'm in the process of developing some .NET Web services that will be
required to be invoked from Oracle Financials and Java. Due to this I
am worried about compatibility between the systems and their SOAP
implementations. Is anyone able to tell me what versions of .NET
support what SOAP versions...i.e:

..NET 1.0 supports what SOAP protocols?
..NET 1.1 supports SOAP protocol 1.1 and ??
..NET 2.0 supports SOAP protocols 1.1 and 1.2??

Also, is there any way in my Web service provider and client to
specify a particular SOAP protocol to support and use?

Thanks in advance

wardy

Thanks for the response Chris...read the posting, interesting
stuff...I understand the WCF supports both SOAP 1.1 and 1.2, but do
you know what SOAP versions can be used with the various .NET
frameworks and if there is a way to force a particular SOAP version?

Thanks