Net::Telnet and Xyplex - Can't get output from commands

John A. Van Walleghen

I am using Net::Telnet on Solaris 8, Perl 5.6.1 to telnet to a Xyplex
Terminal Server. According to the dump log, everything appears to work OK.
My script opens a session, logs on and issues two show commands and then
logs out. Command prompts work and output from both commands are in the
log. The only thing unusual is that Xyplex sends 0x0d000a as a end of line.

I have tried putting /\015\000\012/ in the Input_record_separator, setting
BINMODE to 1, etc. to no evail. @out = $t->cmd("sh ports"); amd @out =
$t->getlines(); do not return any output.

Any ideas I can try?

Ben Morrow

John A. Van Walleghen said:
I am using Net::Telnet on Solaris 8, Perl 5.6.1 to telnet to a Xyplex
Terminal Server. According to the dump log, everything appears to work OK.
My script opens a session, logs on and issues two show commands and then
logs out. Command prompts work and output from both commands are in the
log. The only thing unusual is that Xyplex sends 0x0d000a as a end of line.

I have tried putting /\015\000\012/ in the Input_record_separator, setting
BINMODE to 1, etc. to no evail. @out = $t->cmd("sh ports"); amd @out =
$t->getlines(); do not return any output.

Binmode is spelt Binmode, not BINMODE.

Input_record_separator is a string. not a regex; assigning it
/\015\000\012/ will give it a completely wrong value.

Are you sure that you don't need to set Ors as well?

Ben

John A. Van Walleghen

Thanks, Ben. I had used binmode and I tried "\015\000\012" to no avail. I
do have a fallback, I can glean my data out of the input log file if I
cannot solve this problem. By the way, Ors is for print method uses and I
can see from my logs that Xyplex is happy with what I am sending now.

John

--
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion; I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the