Net:TFTPd questions - Want to upload configs via TFTP

Chris G.

I am writing a script that will log into my network equipment and backup
the configurations to a TFTP server. Since I don't want the security
risk of a TFTP server running all the time, I want to create a TFTP
server when the script starts and destroy it when I am done. My problem
is that the Net::TFTPd module does not seem to process any of the
requests. Issuing a "netstat -a" does show a socket created on port 69,
but nothing else. The script times out and dies. Is that module
compatible with current versions of perl, since it was written for perl
5.006?

Has anyone else done this or had experience trying to do this? I am
running perl under RedHat Enterprise Linux 4. Suggestions or actual
code would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris G.
cgauthie^gmail(dot)com

Ted Zlatanov

I am writing a script that will log into my network equipment and backup
the configurations to a TFTP server. Since I don't want the security
risk of a TFTP server running all the time, I want to create a TFTP
server when the script starts and destroy it when I am done. My problem
is that the Net::TFTPd module does not seem to process any of the
requests. Issuing a "netstat -a" does show a socket created on port 69,
but nothing else. The script times out and dies. Is that module
compatible with current versions of perl, since it was written for perl
5.006?

Has anyone else done this or had experience trying to do this? I am
running perl under RedHat Enterprise Linux 4. Suggestions or actual
code would be helpful and appreciated.

If you post the shortest version of your code that shows the problem,
I'm sure you'll get a lot more help. As it is, no one can magically
answer your question since we don't know what you're doing in your code.

Ted