Net::Time

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Paul, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    I am having a problem getting Net::Time to return a value.
    both of the folling examples return blank lines when run. I was
    expecting it to return the number of seconds from Jan. 1970.

    Just to test I have running these lines by themselves in a 2 line
    script.

    The docs from active state have not been too much help. I have tried
    w/ both tcp and udp.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction

    Thanks

    use Net::Time qw(inet_time);
    print inet_time('localhost', 'tcp');

    or

    use Net::Time qw(inet_time);
    print inet_time('192.168.1.100', 'tcp');

    Paul, Apr 6, 2004