.NET trying to Substitute Java.. or u people disagre with the current Market Scenario

hthukral@sun

hi.
U know Java being the only Platform independent , for developing stand-
alone -applications ,security and much more for more than past decade
is now seems to be losing Monoply in the fields of Software
Development especially in case of web development.
Reason being microsoft 's .NET framework gaining popularity among the
Asians and Europeans ,
with the release of ASP 2.0 and the latest .visual Studio <>..they are
trying to give provide easy and somewhat more promosing web service
solutions to the mass market which can easily being deployed .

Myself being a Java Programmer needs your suggestions regarding the
future requirements and trends in the field of programming where even
like PHP (PHPBB), SAP started changing the front doors ....
Perhaps , in J2EE , if someone says that my area of specilisation is
J2EE , one can't be certain fully .....i assume the reasons are known
to you people ..

So , what picture you people have in the your mind with .NET being a
potential opponent.

Lastly , I want to stick to Java in only one Platform i.e. Windows .
Am i Right
And im planning to learn Php for embedding .

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

hthukral@sun said:
U know Java being the only Platform independent , for developing stand-
alone -applications ,security and much more for more than past decade
is now seems to be losing Monoply in the fields of Software
Development especially in case of web development.
Reason being microsoft 's .NET framework gaining popularity among the
Asians and Europeans ,
with the release of ASP 2.0 and the latest .visual Studio <>..they are
trying to give provide easy and somewhat more promosing web service
solutions to the mass market which can easily being deployed .

Java has never had a monopoly on software development
or web development.
Myself being a Java Programmer needs your suggestions regarding the
future requirements and trends in the field of programming where even
like PHP (PHPBB), SAP started changing the front doors ....
Perhaps , in J2EE , if someone says that my area of specilisation is
J2EE , one can't be certain fully .....i assume the reasons are known
to you people ..

PHP and SAP are both old software that has existed for many years.

And SAP is an application not a programming language.
So , what picture you people have in the your mind with .NET being a
potential opponent.

..NET is good software. So is PHP. And so what ?
Lastly , I want to stick to Java in only one Platform i.e. Windows .
Am i Right
And im planning to learn Php for embedding .

I do not even understand what you are saying.

Arne

Steven J. Sobol

So , what picture you people have in the your mind with .NET being a
potential opponent.

My take is that Microsoft borrowed a LOT of concepts from Java to
create the .NET platform, based on my own observation. So they're
quite similar.

And there is an open-source version of the .NET platform - Mono. More
info is available at www.mono-project.com

I still like the fact that I can use one development environment to
write apps anywhere, and for that reason, in addition to the fact that
I have a lot more experience with Java, I'd use Java instead of .NET.

Andrew Thompson

hi.
U know Java ...
...losing Monoply in the fields of Software
Development especially in case of web development.
Reason being microsoft 's .NET framework ...

Please take it to 'a group that cares'.

Follow-ups set accordingly.

Andrew T.