.NET vs J2EE

Al Wilkerson

Hey,

If I wanted to learn Web Development fast (within 6 months) what should
I focus on J2EE or .NET ?
I mean I am a Quality Assurance guy who has some Java experience, but
looking to get in the door as a Web developer, but kinda stuck in QA. It
seems to be a great demand for .Net developers out there now and that might
be growing.

If .Net, any books, references I should buy that would help me learn Web
development in .Net rather quickly ?.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Sahil Malik

Though Wrox is bankrupt. Apress and Wiley are good too. So is O'Reily.

- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant
You can reach me thru my blog - http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/sahilmalik/

Yannick Lejeune said:
According to netcraft, ASP.NET is a good choice :
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/03/23/aspnet_overtakes_jsp_and_java_servlets.html

For .NET books, wrox or MS Press are good.

Bye

--
Yannick Lejeune [MVP] 3IE
Directeur Institut d'Innovation Informatique pour l'Entreprise